How to manage all business output
with a single solution?
DISTRIBUTING, ROUTING AND PRINTING DOCUMENTS
Remap and print your print files to any PCL printer
. Includes MAPDRAW for designing overlays in a user-friendly Windows-based GUI.
The advantage of using a single software package
MAPPING makes it possible to manage the entire business output cycle.
Each software module in MAPPING Suite is designed and developed by the
same team of programmers. Therefore, all the products easily interface
with each other, which makes it easy to quickly automate output. For instance:
- receive and print a file.
- receive a file, remap it, print it and then archive it.
- scan the content of a given directory, detect new files and generate a print data stream or create a PDF document.
- set conditions on the delivery of documents (Web, e-mail or fax)
What more, MAPPING Suite is a totally open product, which makes it
possible to execute external products or integrate home-grown
developments into the MAPPING environment.
A multiplatform software suite
The software suite runs natively on:
- iSeries (AS400, OS400),
- Windows (Server 2000, Server 2003),
- pSeries (AIX),
- RedHat, Suse...
MAPPING owns all of the source code for MAPPING Suite products. The
software suite is developed in C++, which guarantees high
performance and easy integration.
The MAPPING production architecture is very open, which allows you to:
- produce documents directly on the production platform.
- send documents coming from different servers to only one MAPPING server (see diagram below).
Different integration methods
- Commands: Call MAPPING commands through shells, CL, BAT, CMD files or other programs.
- Remote printing: Print your documents in an entry point of the MAPPING spooler.
- Scan Folder (Hot Folder): Copy your files in a hot folder scanned by MAPPING Suite
- Raw Data: Send your documents via TCP-IP to a MAPPING listen port.
- MAPPING Robo : Automate production tasks using the rules engine.
- Web service: Integrate MAPPING Suite into your applications using WEB protocols (SOAP, XML-RPC).
The routing engine
The routing engine allows you to determine which actions to trigger on
each file that arrives in MAPPING. To do that, the conditions of each
rule are tested. The conditions can relate to the file content,
file owner... Once the rule is found, extra parameters can be
intialised and the actions are triggered.
Sort, split or join print files using one or more page criteria. Requires the MAPPING license
Sorting, Splitting and Joining
With MAPPING Suite you can sort, split or join files. This allows you to:
- Group documents of different nature (e.g. invoice + delivery slip) to group the documents by recipient.
- Break down a file into the number of pages required per recipient
to separate automatic from manual mailing and simplify stamping.
- Sort and split documents by zip code to prepare for mailing.
You can also insert post-processing codes for automatic folding (OMR -
KERN - optical marks - or bar
code) so the folding machine can put your documents in envelopes.